To signup to be a STYC, Head STYC or STYM head to this Google form to apply
What is a STYC?
- A STYC is a “Second or Third year contact”
- They help freshers move in and settle down into university accommodation
- They offer advice and support to freshers
- They show freshers around York and the University
- They Introduce the freshers to university life such as bus routes, supermarkets, societies and much more
- Their responsibilities will finish at the end of freshers week
- Being a STYC is a great way to meat new people and spend time with friends
What is a Head STYC?
- A head STYC helps oversee the running of a group of STYCs
- You cannot be a STYC and a Head STYC
- They are a point of contact for STYCs and ensure everything is running smoothly during freshers week
- This opportunity will help develop your leadership and communication skills
What is a STYM?
- A STYM is a “Second or Third year Mentor”
- They offer support and guidance to freshers throughout their first year
- Their responsibilities for the entire academic year
- They are given training in safeguarding and other topics to help them during the year
- They will hold 2-3 meetings with each flat each year about key university aspects such as 2nd year housing, exam stress, independent living and finances