The first-year summer ball will be held on Monday 28th June.
The second-year and higher summer ball will be held on Sunday 27th June.
Tickets cost £40.00 per person, which includes a 3-course dinner and a drink on arrival.
To book your ticket go to the YUSU website: remember to select the right date for you!
The number of tickets available is very limited so please book early. Please note that the event is only open to Goodricke students.
- The ball starts at 7 pm with a pre-dinner drink
- Seating for dinner is 7.30 pm
- The ball finishes at 11.45 pm
- Unfortunately, the Committee is not permitted to arrange an after ball party at a nightclub
There will be an opportunity to have your photograph taken, wearing your best dress/suit/outfit, with your friends.
We will also be holding a raffle, so you may be lucky and win something on the night as well! See the next section on how, by booking a ticket, you are supporting our charity Changing Lives.
As part of our continued efforts to support Changing Lives, the College Committee will subsidise your ticket by £1 as an entry into the raffle. So by booking a ticket you are helping to raise funds for this worthwhile cause.
Changing Lives is the charity we, as a CSAC, have chosen to support, raising funds whenever we can. Changing Lives works tirelessly across Northern England, specifically in Yorkshire, to support and improve the lives of society’s most vulnerable.
- How can I make sure I sit with my friends at the ball?
- Soon after you have booked your ticket you will be sent a form to complete. You can list the full names of your friends that you’d like to sit with.
- I have dietary requirements, can I specify this?
- Once you’ve booked your ticket you will be sent a form to complete. Please note that if you don’t complete this form you will automatically be allocated the vegetarian option.
- Will there be an after-ball party at a nightclub?
- Unfortunately, the Committee is not permitted to arrange an after ball party at a nightclub.
- Can I bring my friend/partner from another college?
- Unfortunately not. The number of tickets is very limited therefore this event is only open to Goodricke students.
- What if I book a ticket but then can’t go?
- Please contact us via the email address below, but you may need to sell your ticket to another Goodricke student.
- What if the ball is cancelled, or changed, due to covid restrictions?
- Please read the small print at the end of this email!
|We are very grateful to Streamline Taxis who have helped sponsor this event. Streamline will be providing additional taxis both to and from the Principal Events. If you present your ticket you will be able to claim a 10% discount on your taxi fare!|
The small print
In the event of ongoing Covid restrictions:
- Ticket availability is limited to fit current regulations. Should restrictions change and, in turn, ticket numbers are amended we will update you.
- Should the event be cancelled in its entirety due to Covid-19 restrictions, all tickets will be refunded.
- Only Goodricke students may attend the Summer Ball. Tickets booked by, or for, non-Goodricke students will not be allowed.
- By purchasing a ticket, you confirm you understand and accept these terms and conditions